Thursday 29 March 2012

ABU vs ABC's

....just so you know, I'm a Man utd fan and  it was so refreshing to read this next email published on football365.com. Read it yourself, AFC fans won't like it, who cares, it makes sense though:



United Love-In...From A GoonerI am an Arsenal fan since 1994 (since two seasons after football was 'born'). Fair to say, I have witnessed the rise of United, the arrival of Arsene, the treble-winning side and the Invincibles, followed by Abramovich and the Special One, and now the Sheikhs at Manchester. I have seen a lot of the Premier League, and have a point to make about ABUs.
For the past few seasons, there comes a time when we realise that we cannot win the season, and concede defeat. It may come after 35, 30, 25, (or, as this season), after three matches. Once we reach that time, most fellow fans start sub-consciously supporting another team (while obviosuly wishing the best for Arsenal). ABUs being huge in numbers, have chosen Chelsea, Liverpool or City, variably over the past few seasons. I however have always supported United.
Grudgingly I have to admit that I have great repect for them. Love him or hate him, you cannot deny their manager is a bloody genius. They build teams the right way, with a perfect blend of youth and experience, buy players when need be, have a never-say-die attitude, etc etc. I could go on for a while. My point here being that I really admire them. Since the Russian oligarch came to our shores, and bought Mourinho along with him, money has been spent wildly, this methodolgy taken to new levels by The Nosiy Neighbours. And I hate it. I hate the way they have inflated player wages and transfer fees. Their bullying has cost a lot of other clubs (especially mine), and I hated the way they have spoilt many a careers, and have tried to, and succeeded in, buying titles. Yes, I am bitter, had it not been for them, we would definitely have had more titles. But also, had it not been for them, Everton, Villa, Spurs, Liverpool and a couple of others might have done much better.
My point here is that far from being an ABU, I am an ABC (Anyone But Chelsea and City). Hence if I know that Arsenal will not win the title, I always prefer Manchester United over the Mafia Millions and the Petroleum Billions. Far from hating United, I prefer them happily over the other two teams I genuinely hate. My question is, am I the only Arsenal fan who feels this way, or are there others as well? ? Is everyone an ABU, or do we have some more ABCs??
Come on United, go win the 20th.
Shubhanshu Chawla, 24, New Delhi. Arsenal (If Pep complains, about the pitch, he is right, but if Arsene does so, he is moaning???)
PS. I am fully aware that Chelsea and City are big clubs with a rich history and a loyal fan base, I mean no disrespect. But even the most ardent supporter can't deny things would have ben pretty different, if the moolah hadn't been pumped in.

(Source): http://www.football365.com/mailbox

No comments:

Post a Comment